I hosted an episode of Vietnam Discovery for VTV4 and it aired on Vietnamese national television last Monday! You can watch it Youtube soon but the truth is the single 26-minute episode only covered a fraction our amazing adventures with Vietnam Discovery I hope you enjoy the photos, and if you watch the episode let me know what you think of my acting debut and don’t forget to Like my Facebook Page!
Watch my episode of Vietnam Discovery or read about it below.
20 Things to do on Cat Ba Island
- Visit Monkey Island to see macaque monkeys
- Spend a night (or 2) on a cruise through the islands
- Deep water solo dive (Climbing + Cliff Jumping)
- Get a wild fish pedicure in Viet Hai Village
- Kayak through a beautiful lagoon
- Enjoy a stand-up paddle board trip
- Sunbathe in the sand
- Eat fresh seafood on a floating restaurant
- Body surf on any of the amazing beaches
- Bike ride to Viet Hai Village
- Look for endangered Cat Ba Langur monkeys
- Visit Canon Fort for a great view and history lesson
- Yoga on the beach
- Climb to the top of Monkey Island
- Enjoy fresh fruit (especially coconuts)
- Kayak through Dark Cave
- Take a selfie in one of the world’s most beautiful landscapes
- Fish with local fisherman in a floating village
- Explore the island by motorbike
- Party in Cat Ba Town
Our first adventure with Vietnam Discovery took us to Monkey Island
Monkey Island is one of Cat Ba’s most popular spots. There is a private resort great for couples looking for a romantic getaway and another public one you can visit on a day trips from the main island. We took a hike to the top and caught this stunning view! Click on the picture to read the whole post and get up close and personal with the monkeys!
Kayaking in Cat Ba is a must do! Be sure to try sea kayaking while you are in Vietnam!
We loved the freedom of paddling through tropical lagoons. What do you think we found in the caves? Better click on the photos and find out!
Deep Water Solo Diving was one crazy adventure! I thought climbing was tough but had no idea how hard it would be to dive off each time. Then there was that whole GoPro incident which somehow ended in with Vietnamese whiskey and fresh crab.
Vietnam is a stunningly beautiful country. I’ve been twice for a total of 3 months and loved every second of it! I’m fortunate enough to have traveled around much of South East and East Asia and can confidently say that many of the most beautiful places in the world are in Vietnam! The good news for you is that I’ve brought my camera with me on each and every adventure. Click on any of these images to get teleported to a magical destination in Vietnam!